Sunday, August 12, 2007

Crossing Bridges

Yesterday went for a movie by myself. On the way I actually need to cross a bridge that connects Koregaon Park (i.e. where I stay) and Kalayani Nagar (where the theater is). Well the movie got over around one o'clock in the night and since I am looking at saving cash decided to walk home in the dead silent night. While crossing the bridge, it made me recollect about the number of bridges that we have crossed in life. The many times we have debated with ourselves whether it is proper in crossing the bridge and moving on to the other side. Making decision that we may wonder if were right. Standing in the centre of the bridge, looking down at the water flowing under it rapidly, enjoying the breeze against my face, not wanting to go on to the other side. Wanted to just stand there and look at the water and somehow find peace with myself. It feels the same way in life where cometo bridges where we just want to stand there and maybe enjoy the moment, not sure whether going to the other side is the right decision, or whether I should just turn back.

But anyway I did needed to get back home, to my bed, for some sleep, though I didn't want to move from the centre of the bridge. Because it's during this solitude I can ponder what's gone by, if what I've done is right or wrong?? Or even scold myself for being foolish. Anyway did cross this bridge. I know there will be a number of bridges that I would need to cross. Some I will and some I will continue to wonder if I need to cross. And some I may just turn back and return. but I know till then I will continue to live my life pondering whether what I've done is right or wrong.

No comments: