Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Are we comfortable in our skin?

One thing over the years I have observed, including myself, we meet people and interact with them. We smile, we chat, exchange pleasantry, occasionally gossip and bitch. We go to social gatherings and work. We do things and make choices in life based on what's best for us...what best for us to look nice to other. We try to maintain an external appearance, appeal and do so many things not because they are right, but because we think other things its right. This happens most of the times but not always. We try to appeal and gain approval of people.

As I said I put myself as one of these people. What I wonder is am I comfortable being what I am actually? Am I comfortable being myself? am I superfluous? I know every time I make a choice or take a decision I wonder what would be the consequences on others as well as myself. Though my choices and my decision are mine, but somehow they seems to put everyone in it.

Some time I wonder am I living my own life or am I living a life that's been trying to appeal others? Am I being true to myself? Or am I uncomfortable being me? Am I comfortable being in my own skin?

No comments: