Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Kick Boxing @ Gym

At the gym where I workout there are session like Bollywood Dancing, Kickboxing session that members can attend. I have seen many people take these sessions. Since these session takes place behind glass walls you can see what happening inside. It at times seems like great fun and at times awkward if the people are not getting what needs to be done, especially the dancing session.

Well since I was supposed to my cardio and abs thought why not give the kickboxing session a try, as it will serve as a good cardio session too. Well it was actually pretty good. Initially felt odd and awkward, especially when doing high kick, keeping timing, and coordination. Learnt, or I should say, confirmed that I was directionally impaired. Kept kicking on the wrong side. As a result had to 10 dips, which actually I didn't mind. During the stretching session, where you had spread your feet at least 3 feet, had problems as my shoes weren't providing me the proper grip. So there was always a scare of loosing balance or having a Rodman split. though painful had a good stretch. Also what enjoyed was the combination of kicking and punching (whenever I got the sequence properly) and also the abs session.

It did feel odd when you are making mistake and you can see people from outside looking at you. But in the end it was fun. And yes looking forward to next Tuesday's session.

No comments: