Wednesday, October 25, 2017

My Love... My Drug... My Beautiful Trauma

The first time I saw you
Waiting for me to arrive
But I stood at a distance 
Observing the person 
Who had come to meet me
Fascinated by the simplicity 
Fascinated by the innocence 
Not that I was disappointed 
Nor was I appalled 
I was here to meet someone
With no prospect of forming 
Any sort of bond
Or that was what I told myself 

So as I sat across you
Listening to what you had to say
Couldn’t help feel how different we were
A total opposite to each other
But yet here we were
Two souls from different strata of society
Poles apart, as common as
Chalk and cheese

Your story fascinated me
And in the most strangest way
could related to it
Saw myself in your place
A common thread 
That would end up binding us
Like the universe 
plotting to bring us together 
To fill in the gaps that we had in life

So though sparks didn’t fly 
At that first meeting ,
Even though we had been 
chatting for long
We were drawn to each other
Kindred spirits
Two lonely souls that 
Walked the world
Wanting to be loved 
As much we had loved
Trying to understand 
As much as we longed 
To be understood 
To make sense of things and people
Who made no sense to us

And so what started off
As a simple friendship 
Blossomed into something more deeper
Something more beautiful 
We met clandestinely 
Away from the prying eyes of the world
Cause the world would never
Understand us or even make an attempt

So we met under the moonlit skies
Only the stars and the moon 
To light our way
Holding on to each other
In sweet embrace
Breaking up at the slight sign 
of life or noise
For the fear of being caught
  • But this fear made the moment 
Even more passionate
The fruits of forbidden love

We had each other
To keep us safe and warm
Passion burning bright
Keeping the cold and the world at bay
Every touch, every caress 
Brought a feeling of elation with it
Making us even more bold
Never wanting to come out 
Of the embrace, of the locked lips
Or leave each other

But then life needs to be lived
We needed to move on but not apart
Just distance of a few hundred miles
To be added between us
I promised myself not long and pine
And just keep on smiling and living
Cause I know what happens
Happens for the best
May not be your best 
For the best of others

But the heart wants what the heart wants
And so even though you promised yourself 
Your heart overrules that
Making you break the promise 
You made to yourself
You begin to miss and pine
Till it begins to hurt, begins to ache
A beautiful trauma that you can’t escape

Your love, like a drug
Has got me addicted 
Got me hooked on to you
You have infected my very being
Making me miss you till it hurts
And some how I don’t think 
I can ever escape the grasp
Of this addiction, of this fox
Of the spell you have casted on me
I don’t think I even want to come out of it

Your are like wine
That has intoxicated my being
You taste a bit bitter 
You taste so sweet
making me want more and more of you
Making me long for you
I could have a case of your 
But I would still be on my feet
Wanting more, longing for more
Something that will never go
Till I am by your side

And even though
I have managed to calm
This wild, untamed heart
I know it will beat for you
Forever more


No comments: