Tuesday, November 07, 2017

A Heart to Heart with a Crazy Heart

My dearest heart
What exactly do you want to do
Your ways, so often
Leaves me puzzled and confused
Never knowing what to do

You overrule the mind
Throwing logic to the wind
Never willing to listen
To the voice of reason
So very often ending up in a soup

You crave for an affection
That you so desperately yearn
And when you receive it
The moment seems long gone
And there’s nothing there now
Just a niggling annoyance 
That feels strange
Oh my dearest heart
why don’t you make up your mind
What exactly you want from life

You have been trying to 
Find a reason if your said situation 
Is right and good for you
Only to find yourself
Falling into a situation 
Which is just the earlier situation 
But only it’s part two
Heart, please tell me 
What you want me to do

I know you’re affectionate and kind
And concerned for the ones 
Who matter all the time 
But then your concerns
May often seem overbearing
And the questions you ask
No matter how noble
Mag come across irritating
Often leaving you at the brink
Of a nervous breakdown
Of your own doing

You want to move on to the new
But you can’t let go of the old
Often holding on
While trying to move on
Like trying to accelerate 
While pressing the brake
Oh heart, why are you so confused

They say the heart wants 
what the heart wants
Often stubborn and bullheaded 
Never willing to listen
To the voices that warns
Often making you look like a fool

My heart, I will never know
Were you will lead me
Though I try to be logic
But with you all my logic 
Goes for a toss
Though I am cautious to your ways
I somehow always seem to be falling
In the pitfalls that you refuse to see
So please, so please take care
To think about this fool
Before you plot your way

No comments: