Sunday, November 26, 2017

Remember Me

If out of sight is out of mind, what happens to those who we have lost sight of? What happens to the ones who have gone never to return again? How do we keep a memory from fading off? The ones that we hold in our heart hoping they never go away.

When you walk among the tomb stones, you come across graves that are crumbling and in a dilapidated state, abandoned with weeds growing over them. Have they been forgotten forever, no family to come and decorate and keep their graves clean, or pray at their final resting place? Though we may sprinkle flowers on their graves (as my aunt used to tell me we should make the graves round our family’s grave look nice too around All Souls Day) are they well and truly been forgotten?

What legacy do we leave behind to be remembered long after we have gone? We are human, mortals, prone to a reducing grey matter, dwindling memory. How do we keep a memory from being forgotten?

There’s always a familiar tune, words, places and occasions, which remind us of the people have left and gone. We have them cause we have experienced it with them. What happens when we are gone and so is everyone who experienced it, do they fade away in oblivion?

I am a firm believer that the ones we love never truly go anywhere. They continue to reside in our hearts long after they are gone; a memory in our mind, a photograph hung on the walls of your heart for eternity. 

So no matter how long, your memory will lost on, in photos and tunes, in memories and anecdotes. They remain long after you are gone.

So will end with this...
“Remember me
Though I have to say goodbye
Remember me
Don’t let it make you cry 
For even if I am far away
I hold you in my heart
I sing a secret song for
Each night we are apart.”

No comments: