Sunday, September 24, 2017

This Old Road

There’s this road that I know
That starts right outside my door
That takes me on an adventure 
To places unknown 
Through unfamiliar places
Past unfamiliar faces
Always leading me on

Through ups and downs
And twists and turns
Always urging me on
To keep moving forward
Never to give up and turn back
Cause this road only knows onwards
And never moving backward

Through the twists and turns
This roads keeps me guessing
Cause I never know
What awaits around the next bend
Sometimes it fills me with fear and dread 
And other times with childlike glee
And the excitement and anticipation 
Of what is to come

The road is never always the same
Sometimes you have steep inclines
Leading to steep declines
Sometime rolling hills
And at times gradual planes
But never the same

Always dynamic and always changing
That leaves me always guessing
Keeps me intrigued and interested 
Never ever letting me slip
Into a familiar rhythm 
But always giving me something 
To look forward to
Something to look towards to

Along the way 
there’s always a chance to meet
A fellow traveller just like you 
Who has chosen to undertake this journey
And for those few moments
You have a traveling companion with you

There’s stories to share
Notes to compare
And you know you’re never alone
And if luck should have it
They’ll stay with you through your journey
Cause theirs too is the same

But there may come a time
When you reach a fork
Where their journey continues 
Along on another way
Or their journey may come to an end
Then you need to bade them farewell 
And continue on, journey on

Travellers may come
Travellers may go
Some leaving their imprints
That remains long after they are gone
But then you continue to journey
With fond memories and 
You continue to journey on

Till at last your journey may end
And you find your way
Back to your home 
A place to rest your weary head
And put up your tired feet
Cause the miles that you’ve experienced 
And now it’s time lay down and sleep

The road of life goes on and on
Out from my doorsteps
Into the great beyond
But down this road, I’ll shall go
With a smile on my face 
And a song in my heart
To journey on and on

No comments: